What is the HIES Affiliate Partner Programme?
Having been successful in providing consumer protection through installers, HIES has recognised the need to provide confidence in the complete supply chain and industry in general. HIES has therefore introduced an Affiliate Partner Programme, with requirements tailored specifically for manufacturers, distributors and service providers. HIES has established the Affiliate Partner Programme in order to promote consumer protection, by ensuring that when a product is installed in a domestic setting, it is sold in a clear, consistent and fair manner (agreed with the manufacturer); and installed professionally, in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
To achieve Affiliate Partner status, applicants must undergo an accreditation process that examines solvency, ethos and reviews processes and procedures that are in place to ensure consumers are treated fairly. Affiliate Partners demonstrate they share HIES’ ethos and are committed to ensuring their network of installers provide professional services to consumers.
Key Stats for HIES Affiliate Members
home improvement installers in HIES and affiliated schemes*
home energy saving products installed monthly by HIES and affiliated scheme members
already purchased (home improvement products) from HIES and affiliated scheme members
Benefits of becoming a HIES affiliate partner?
- FREE listing on the HIES website.
- FREE marketing support to help generate awareness of your business.
- FREE PR support to help build brand awareness among the sector.
- Installer sales leads: HIES will publicise the Affiliate Partnership via mail, web and social.
- Featured in the HIES installer newsletter to help promote your business.
- Banner advertising on the HIES Job Registration system, available on a PPC basis.
- HIES is endorsed by consumer champion Nick Ross (Watchdog and Crimewatch).
- Help and advice with compliance and legislative issues.
- Access to finance providers for product approval when sold by a HIES member.
Who can become an Affiliate Partner?
The HIES Affiliate Partner Programme is ideal for manufacturers, distributors or service providers who are involved in the renewable sector and specialise in the following products:
- Air Source Heat Pumps
- Battery Storage
- Boilers (including Biomass)
- Ground Source Heat Pumps
- Infrared Heating System
- Solar Photovoltaics
- Solar Thermal
- All Renewable Technologies
- All Types of Home Insulation
HIES is a consumer protection organisation and our overriding objective is to promote best practice in the sale, installation and after-sales service of renewable products to consumers. Protecting consumers is at the heart of everything we do.
All HIES Accredited Installers are continually vetted in many areas in order to help ensure consumers are satisfied. All consumers receive comprehensive protection throughout the buying, installation and after-sales experience. Consumers can check to establish if their installer is on the HIES national network of Accredited Installers before placing their order.
HIES provides a FREE service to investigate any complaints made against members. This includes FREE mediation, FREE independent inspections (at HIES discretion) and FREE access to an independent Ombudsman.
*HIES Affiliated Schemes: DGCOS (Double Glazing and Conservatory Quality Assurance Ombudsman Scheme), HICS (Home Improvement Consumer Protection Scheme) and The Quality Assurance Service Company LTD trading as GDGC