Benefits To Consumers
Consumers using Accredited Members of HIES have the advantage of the following benefits:
- HIES Code of Practice approved by Chartered Trading Standards Institute
- HIES endorsed by consumer champion Nick Ross (ex BBC Watchdog and Crimewatch presenter)
- Fully Vetted and Accredited Installers (to provide reassurance)
- Free Consumer Advice Line: 0800 505 3412
- Free Deposit Protection (up to 25% of the contract value)
- Free Insurance Backed Guarantee (for every customer)
- Free Mediation (to help fully resolve any disputes should they arise)
- Free Independent Inspections (to assist with installation/product defects at HIES discretion)
- Free access to Ombudsman (to conclude disputes without incurring legal fees or costs)
- All members installing ‘FITs’ generated products will be MCS registered
HIES Consumer Brochure
HIES Consumer brochure details what protection homeowners receive and the benefits of using a HIES member. Homeowners are able to check they are registered with HIES online and the comprehensive accreditation process installers have to pass to achieve a HIES member status.
Consumers have a very high level of protection in place and can be secure in the knowledge that they are using an installer that HIES is satisfied has a proper level of competence and adequate administration procedures.