What is TrustMark?
TrustMark is the only Government endorsed standards scheme for trades within the home improvement industry; and by having a TrustMark membership, a company is demonstrating their commitment to work to these standards; providing trust, confidence and peace of mind to consumers. In order to become a TrustMark member, companies must be a member of a ‘Scheme Operator’ (relevant to their business), such as HIES.
By ensuring all Registered Business adhere to and maintain these standards through their expert network of Scheme Providers (such as HIES), TrustMark gives consumers increased confidence and choice. Additionally, in the event that a problem does arise, TrustMark offers a range of remedies to give further protection to consumers.
What are the benefits of using a TrustMark registered business?
TrustMark registered businesses are thoroughly vetted to meet required standards and so homeowners who use a TrustMark registered business for their renewables installation can rest assured that their tradesman has made a commitment to good customer service, technical competence and trading practices.
Using a TrustMark registered business provides consumers with increased confidence and choice.
- Government endorsed quality – robust consumer protection
- TrustMark online directory – find a reputable tradesperson near you
- A level playing field – competence and quality in all trades
- TrustMark customer charter – The Customer Charter outlines exactly what you can expect when you are working with a TrustMark Registered Business
- Trading Standards integration – keeping you safe from scams
- Free advice and information
- Financial protection
- Consumer reviews – previous customers of TrustMark Registered Businesses are able to leave reviews on the TrustMark website
How do I know if a company is TrustMark registered?
You can look out for the TrustMark logo but to be completely confident we advise using TrustMark’s “Find your local TrustMark Registered Business” tool on their website.