Welcome to HIES
The Home Insulation & Energy Systems Contractors Scheme (HIES)
The Home Insulation & Energy Systems Contractors Scheme (HIES) is a consumer protection organisation covering the installation of renewable energy products. We ensure that consumers are dealt with professionally, courteously and sympathetically. Any products installed by HIES Members must be fit for purpose, installed professionally and come with comprehensive guarantees which are covered by specialist insurance providing consumers with a high level of protection.
HIES also believes that consumers should have FREE access to robust dispute resolution and therefore provides consumers with FREE Mediation, FREE Independent Inspections to assist with installation or product malfunctions (at HIES discretion) and FREE access to an independent Ombudsman to help resolve any issues that may arise.
To that end, the HIES Scheme Rules & Code of Practice is a stringent set of rules that members must adhere to at all times in their dealings with consumers, our Code is approved by The Chartered Trading Standards Institute.
Benefits to Consumers using a HIES Member include:
- HIES Code of Practice approved by Chartered Trading Standards Institute
- HIES endorsed by consumer champion Nick Ross (ex BBC Watchdog and Crimewatch presenter)
- Fully Vetted and Accredited Installers (to provide reassurance)
- Free Consumer Advice Line: 0800 505 3412
- Free Deposit Protection (up to 25% of the contract value)
- Free Insurance Backed Guarantee (for every customer)
- Free Mediation (to help fully resolve any disputes should they arise)
- Free Independent Inspections (to assist with installation/product defects at HIES discretion)
- Free access to Ombudsman (to conclude disputes without incurring legal fees or costs)
- All members installing ‘FITs’ generated products will be MCS registered
Why I Strongly recommend using a HIES member.... Nick Ross
(Former BBC Watchdog & Crimewatch presenter)
"With HIES you get accredited installers, independently backed guarantees even if the firm refuses to help you or goes out of business, free access to industry inspectors, professional mediators and – if you're still unsatisfied – a highly regarded Ombudsman who can settle your dispute with the power of the law behind him."
Nick Ross (Former BBC Watchdog & Crimewatch Presenter)