INSTALLERS

Accreditation
Process

Accreditation
Process

In order to maintain our high standards and help ensure all consumers receive a professional service before, during and after their installation, with products that are fit-for-purpose, we have a strict accreditation process. 

What does it take to become a HIES accredited installer?

To become a HIES accredited installer, we require installers to be either a well-established company and/or have experience within the sector. They will need to demonstrate that they can maintain adequate financial resources.

What is the process?

Once we have received an application for membership we will request the documents outlined below and carry out a comprehensive credit and background history check along with conducting an online search which will include review websites and any company and management social media profiles. We also contact other Consumer Codes within the renewable sector asking them to inform us of any adverse history with the applicant company (if applicable).

Documents required:

  1. A copy of the company’s consumer contract, which should detail a consumer’s cancellation rights;
  2. A copy of the company’s guarantee/workmanship warranty;
  3. Copies of the company’s employer’s liability and public liability insurance certificates;
  4. Copies of either: the last 6 months bank statements or the latest filed accounts.

What rules do installers need to follow?

Upon acceptance of HIES membership, installers will be required to abide by the HIES Standard Terms of Membership (this outlines the agreement between the company and HIES) and the Code of Practice (this outlines the requirements installers are required to follow during their customer’s journey, from the point of sale to the completion of the contract and end of guarantee period).

What jobs do installers need to register?

Installers will need to register all domestic contracts signed during their period of HIES membership, where the product installed is on the HIES approved product list.

What ongoing vetting is carried out?

HIES will carry out continuous vetting while an installer’s membership is active. These include, but are not limited to, a review of websites and advertisements, social media, credit references and customer satisfaction survey scores.

How do installers sign up?

Installers considering HIES membership can register their interest by telephone, email or by completing the online application form. All interested installers will then receive a telephone call from a member of our on-boarding team who will provide information about the scheme, including the benefits, processes and requirements for membership. They will also be able to answer any questions or concerns. 

Annual vetting

HIES are required to carry out an onsite audit on 10% of our members and a desktop audit on the remaining 90% of members per calendar year. The requirement to audit our members is placed upon us by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI), which in turn, HIES are audited every year to ensure we have completed this task.

Each year HIES will randomly select 10% of our members for an onsite audit to be carried out on a mutually agreeable date and the desktop audits consist of HIES requesting a number of documents from you for us to review. Both audits are to ensure continued compliance to the HIES Standard Terms of Membership and Code of Practice.

Are You Ready to Take Your Business to the Next Level?

Are You Ready to Take Your Business to the Next Level?

See how HIES membership can help you grow and prosper.

Membership Enquiry

Latest News & Updates

Help & Advice Line